Background

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Ulcerative Colitis and the Specific Carbohydrate Diet - Day 1

Well I'm finally doing it.  Partly by choice and partly because I'm running out of options.  Thanks to the high cost of medications and switching insurances not going smoothly I have run out of two medications... and of course this happened on Friday (2 days ago) so I have the whole weekend of not being able to get anything sorted out.  So I guess it's time to do what I've been putting off.  Try hardcore dieting to control (and hopefully heal) my Ulcerative Colitis.

I am doing the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD).  It will be tough, but I am sure that the Lord will sustain me and get me through this!

"The Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) is a group of foods which are grain-free, sugar-free, starch-free, and unprocessed. While removing many foods that are toxic and digestively harmful the diet remains natural, extremely nourishing and representative of what our ancestors ate." - scdlifestyle.com/about-the-scd-diet/

The Intro diet lasts 2 to 5 days and allows you to eat the following:
Breakfast:
Dry curd cottage cheese (moisten with homemade yogurt)
Eggs (boiled, poached, or scrambled)*
Pressed apple cider or grape juice mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with water. See, SCD™ Legal / Illegal List for more information about allowable juices.
Homemade gelatin made with juice, unflavored gelatin, and sweetener (honey or saccharine)
Lunch:
Homemade chicken soup
Broiled beef patty or broiled fish
Cheesecake
Homemade gelatin made with juice, unflavored gelatin, and sweetener (honey or saccharine)
Dinner:
Variations of the above

Visit: http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/p/the-intro-diet/ for mor info on the Intro part of the SCD Diet.


I hope to post progress updates and how I am doing here to document my success or failure.  Please keep me in your prayers as I pursue better health through dieting.

God has always been faithful in the past, why would he fail now!

No comments:

Post a Comment