Background

Friday, August 2, 2013

$20 Food Dehydrator

Today I bought a cheap food dehydrator for $20.  Yep $20.  But like I said it's cheap, nothing fancy, not top of line, name brand or anything.  I bought it at ALDI's  They've had them in the past but wasn't sure if it would be any good.  They came back again this season and I thought I might as well give it a try instead of waiting until I find $300 laying around that I don't need for something else :-P

Every time I have seen them at ALDI they have sold out pretty quick.  I know one of my area stores has already sold out and another only had 4 left, as opposed to a week ago they had around 15.  It comes with 5 trays, the base, the lid, and instruction manual/recipe book.

I currently have some apple and orange slices in it.  From what I can tell it does not have a fan, so dehydration times will probably be a lot longer than those high priced models.  I may go ahead and add some pineapple as well.

I'll post an update within a day or so (whenever it finishes) and let y'all know how it works!

*****UPDATE 8:08 PM*****
Out of curiosity I put a thermometer through the top and with three trays it is reading 140° F.

No comments:

Post a Comment